Condo & Townhouse Insurance

Covering your condo or townhouse (also known as a townhome) is different from covering a regular house. Many condos & townhouses are built alike on the outside as well as on the inside. However, when comparing a condo to a townhouse you will find what needs to be insured depends on who is responsible. A condo policy (HO-3) usually covers just the interior while everything else is covered by the association. A townhouse policy (HO-6) typically covers both the interior as well as the exterior because the policy holder owns the land that it is built on.